To read my blog in a READER use: http://feeds.feedburner.com/theredheadriter

Don't Eat The Fruit or Vegetables


art



If you're like me, the kitchen might be the room in the house where you spend a huge amount of time preparing meals. I must say, during the rush of getting food on the table, I've never thought about artsifying (yeah, I made up that word) the fruits and vegetables. Wouldn't this be in the category of "playing with your food" which is a big no-no according to mothers everywhere?

food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art
food art

"Life may not to be
the party we hoped for,
but while we're here
we should dance."






The Redhead Riter


12 people "rote" comments:

Fitter After 50 said...

We enjoyed those pictures. I don't know where you find these but I'm thankful that when you do you share them. :) Hope all is well with you in your neck of the woods. :)

Hannah said...

These pictures are so cute! I don't think I could make any of those, I would get frustrated and the just eat them all. LOL

viewfromdownhere said...

wow, those pictures are pretty cool...what the heck are those frogs made out of, though?

Alyssa said...

Those are some kind of talented veggies and musical fruit. My favorite is the baby egg yolk in the eggshell buggy!
Awesome, and I love your blog!

katlupe said...

These photos are awesome! Someone sure spent a lot of time making them. I'd say the frogs are green peppers.

The Zany Housewife said...

What a neat post! It makes me want to play with my food now. Or make more cupcakes that look like food... :)

I think the frogs might be...jalapenos?

Kristi said...

I love these pictures! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some neat photo's! I am hungry now, but those are almost tooo cute to even eat!

Melissa said...

I like the oranges and the watermelon.

I haven't done anything with fruits and veggies but I've done plenty with cupcakes! My favorite were the "Easter basket" cupcakes. I frosted them with vanilla frosting and used green food coloring on some coconut for the grass. Then I just put a few jellybeans on top. They were so cute and yummy!

Unknown said...

the art food is pretty to look at, but I wouldn't eat it...LOL!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

AMAZING!!

Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

Lifeofkaylen said...

I love these!! The tomato/cauliflour one is my favorite!