
It is time for my blog's testosterone injection. When I read the topic for this week's men's meme I nearly rolled over laughing. I am thinking to myself, "This should be good." So I just called my husband Tom to dictate his answer to me. His comments will be in BLUE.
"Hi Tom. It is time for the men's meme question so I need you to dictate the answer to me."
"Okay," he said.
"So the question for the Families Again meme is:
How do you divide up the work at home? Do you help out with housework?" I tried to ask without laughing.
Tom exclaimed, "That question is for me?!"
"Yes."
"Alright. These are things I do regularly:
- replace toilet paper on roll in bathroom
- keep toilet paper stocked in the bathroom
- wipe the mirrors in bathroom and wipe other things within my comfortable reach Don't you love that..."comfortable reach"
- often use the magic eraser on the bathroom walls, both sides of the shower curtain and other things within comfortable reach
- less often (once a month) clean bathroom thoroughly including toilet, floor, baseboards Just as an FYI I clean the bathroom every other day.
- more often than not I clean up my crumbles and dribbles of food and beverages from kitchen surfaces That would make the ratio 51% cleans to 49% leaves it there for me to clean.
- often place whites in washer, wash, dry and fold
- often wash colors that I am authorized, have clearance or allowed to touch, then dry and fold
- always gather, bag and remove garbage
- occasionally dust and polish side tables I've seen this happen twice in four years. Is that what "occasionally" means?
- often fold couch afghans and return cushions and pillows to proper order
- rarely vacuum I would say "never" vacuums.
- rarely help with dishes But, I might add, he has no problem eating what was on the dishes.
- almost never prepare or serve food
"Thank you Tom."
"You're welcome. That was kind of fun. It starts me thinking about the emancipation of women."
Oh yeah, right. I guess you get the picture.













































11 people "rote" comments:
Hey Gal! I loved your interview! Your in-between comments cracked me up! At least you have a (part-time chore doer) LOL! Mine always tells me "I used to do that when I was single." Sometimes I'm tempted to say well, let's pretend you're single again... and PUT YOUR PLATE IN THE SINK. Only thing is, I might end up single! LOL!
Fantastic interview!
Love ya bunches!
PJ
Hilarious! My hubby only does three things around the house----take out the trash, take the dishes out of the dishwasher once in a while, and do his own laundry....
And, yes, we both work.
Thanks Redhead Riter and Redhead Riter husband,
That was great! You know, I really need to think about how I'm going to answer those questions before I ask them. I have know idea how I'm going to answer this one. I think I had better start thinking about this one now!
Tim
Hey, I thoroughly enjoyed your interview!
I "might" be brave enough to do the same. I don't think it will take long!! HA
Hey Tom, husband of Red Riter, I think I'm going to show your list to my husband.
That's way more than Dr. Hubby does!
I hope he doesn't read the comments! I wanted you all to tell him he wasn't doing enough!!! Are we all 1950's ladies? LOL
Hahaha - Love how it starts out - That's for ME?!
nice try Tom, but some of your answers are repetitive. ;-D i.e. listing several tasks you perform in the bathroom should only count as one chore. I give you an A for effort though. I wonder how my hubs would do in this interview? He does 95% of the cooking and swears he should get a gold medal in the husband Olympics because of this.
I'm so glad that I found you through Get Your Blog Followers on Facebook. This is witty, intelligent and I think I'm addicted so you've done your job.
From one redhead to another...yes, Redheads Rock!
http://sallyleebythesa.blogspot.com
http://thatgirlcancook.blogspot.com
http://sallyleefragranthome.blogspot.com
'Comfortable Reach'...LOL! I love it!
I have tried several times this week to comment but I was unable to. My computer has been acting up. Actually, I think I messed things up when I was fooling with some of the settings. Anyway, I'm glad to finally get things back in working order so I can 'talk' to everyone. I hope you had a great Christmas and that this year is absolutely FABULOUS for you and your precious family.
{{HUGS}}
Teresa <><
Post a Comment